Young Innovators Interview
Could you tell us a bit about yourself, your background and experience with the European Youth Card before you joined Mobility in the Mind (MiM)?
I am Tytus from Poland, and I live in a small town Ustron. I finished philosophy at the University of Silesia and I founded my business, which is still running, before finishing my degree. As an active person, I was looking for tools that would help me to find or set up my job. The European Youth Card (EYC) was an important tool to me at that time, from the beginning. Through the EYC I received discounts and I was provided with an insurance –this is a card-service offered in Poland- which made much easier my everyday life since I had to travel a lot, and I am still doing it. I cannot imagine working without this card, I can use it almost anywhere!
How did you hear about MiM and why did you decide to participate?
- As a longtime holder of the European Youth Card I received information about the program Mobility in the Mind. I decided to introduce a project that would integrate me even more with the card and the international community. For many years, I think that should do an international online platform for holders of Youth Card - I thought that this is a great opportunity to present my idea!
Tell us a bit about your business idea.
- I want that everyone who has the European Youth Card can log on to the web-based platform (something like Facebook). The advantage of this platform is that each user is real and not fictitious - everyone is verified, and it guarantees safety on the Web. On this platform, we can collect friends, lead the conversation, or even have discussion forums. There also each can add ads, job information etc. With this platform, we can organize holidays, events and other actions. This platform we can relased depending on the current needs of users.
What do you want to achieve by participating in this programme?
- Try to realize my idea. By the way, capturing the experience, meet interesting people, to practice my English ...
At the MiM Symposium in March all Young Innovators had the chance to meet each other and hear insights from other young entrepreneurs, representatives of a major company and European institutions. How was the meeting for you and what did you take with you?
- Symposium in March, in Portugal was for me a great experience! My expectations have been met, because I met people from all over Europe. Meeting and talking with them was a great inspiration for me and I learned from them a lot. The lectures were very inspiring - as much that I wanted to get up and go to work! The organization was very good - good food, comfortable accommodation, a beautiful city and very nice people! Symposium in Lisbon, I will recalled with great pleasure! Ideas which have other participants were very interesting, therefore even more I thing we have to create an Internet platform for the European Youth Card holders - that each of these ideas can be there to present to thousands of card holders!
Do you have any suggestions or ideas of new ways in which the European Youth Card can support youth employment and entrepreneurship?
- The European Youth Card should be a tool for employees but also for employers! The work is dependent on the employer. Today it is hard to find good employees because the job market is local! With an international base (with a platform of EURO26) the employer can find the right employee at any place in Europe and in the world. Search engine Google is the largest search engine the world! But what is search for employees? ... it can be a platform for EURO26! There are people real and true - the employer will not be afraid to work with a person having an account there!
Thanks – dziękuję J